- Employment: Full-time
Founded in 2013, VIPKID's mission is to provide the international learning experience to Chinese children—all from the comfort of their homes.
Because of its innovative business model, platform and curriculum, VIPKID has won awards, such as the Shengjing Top 21 Global Innovation Award in 2015, the US-China Entrepreneurship Leader Award in 2014, Sina’s China’s Most Valuable Online education brand and best teachers award in 2015, Tencent's China's Most powerful education brand in 2015, the Flexjobs Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs in 2017.
The Senior Copywriter will report directly to the Information and Communications Manager to:
• Write communications that are accurate in content, engaging in tone, and unambiguous in meaning
• Ensure that all copy adheres to brand guidelines and that it includes VIPKid approved and consistent terminology
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to create communications and strategies critical to achieving project goals
• Craft all communications in a way that presents VIPKid as a professional, responsive, clear, and engaging company
• Be accountable for the clarity and integrity of all online products and localizations to preserve brand integrity and user experience.
• Impeccable verbal and written communications skills
• ≥ 3 years of full time experience in project management, corporate communications, journalism, publishing, online media, technical copywriting, advertising, or creative marketing
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from a university in an English-speaking country.
• Non-native English speakers or holders of degrees from non-English speaking companies should have completed all relevant coursework in English and have a degree heavily focused on writing or communications
• Ability to develop excellent communications and strategies in a dynamic atmosphere
• Agility in fast-paced, deadline driven environments
• Flexibility to adapt to take on new roles and responsibilities according to project demand
Prefer candidates with:
• Liberal arts degrees with writing concentrations
• Experience working in Chinese companies
• Experience using: Trello, Zapier, Google Services Suite, MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
• Mandarin at HSK 4 or above
• Project management experience