26 december 2021
- Employment: Full-time
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Work percentage: 1 FTE (5 days a week)
Duty station: Nanjing, China
Reporting to: Director of Intelligence
The International Water Association (IWA) is the largest and prominent international network of water professionals. Drawing exceptional professionals from 130 countries, the membership of the International Water Association brings together scientists, researchers, technology companies, and water and wastewater utilities, all working to address the world’s most urgent water challenges and contribute to every aspect of the water cycle. The IWA has become an international reference and source of durable water solutions, products and services that are robust and flexible enough to be universally applicable, easily accessible, and locally adaptable. With the headquarter in London and offices in Nanjing and Chennai, IWA has an army of workforce from multicultural backgrounds across all departments, .
IWA’s 2019-2024 Strategic Plan includes the critical objective and strategic goal of “An engaged and balanced membership” - to increase the number of IWA members from under-represented regions, including from Asia, Africa and Latin America, by offering bespoke membership services and opportunities relevant to their regions and interests and develop bespoke membership services and engagement opportunities through a more customer-oriented service culture that better meets members’ needs and expectations.
In order to better serve our members and partners from the regions and the globe, IWA established a new Global Operation Hub in Nanjing, China in 2018. Accordingly, IWA has registered a new entity “Nanjing IWA Science & Technology Co., Ltd.” to undertake businesses of the new Global Operation Hub. By establishing building blocks for regional membership, events, incubation, learn and intelligence, IWA’s new Hub in Nanjing will accelerate innovation in the water sector and pragmatically reach water security and sustainability.
Working under the IWA subsidiary Nanjing IWA Science & Technology Co. Ltd., under the general supervision of the IWA Director of Intelligence, the Learning officer has the responsibility to support and coordinate the development and operation of the IWA LEARN ecosystem through the delivery and updating of learning products and materials.
This position entails the following specific duties and responsibilities:
• Support and facilitate the scoping, development, and implementation of new mechanisms and business models to organize learning and professional updating for members, participants, and partners.
• Lead the re-design and revision of the IWA LEARN Webpage and monitor and report the progress during the implementation of webpage optimization.
• Support the development and implementation of IWA LEARN annual working plan and budget.
• Administrate IWA’s online Learning materials (including but not limited to news update, blogs, moocs and webinars) and ensure systematic capture of back-end records and data.
• Liaise with training providers to evaluate the training program and ensure correct information, setup, and equipment requirements are provided.
• Provide a consultancy service to managers & staff on learning and a resource to management teams in sourcing appropriate training opportunities and programs.
• Coordinate the development of and implement professional development and learning activities primarily (but not exclusively) at IWA events.
• Work closely with program officers, regional, communications, and other key staff to deliver projects if necessary.
The above job description contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position. However, staff members are expected to show flexibility in their approach to work and be willing to undertake other tasks and missions that are reasonably allocated to them but which are not part of their regular job description. Where any task becomes a regular part of an employee's responsibilities, the job description will be changed in consultation with the employee and the Intelligence Director.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in relevant areas (e.g. water or environment, education, business management). A Master's degree is preferred.
• Above 2 years of working experience is preferred.
• Mastery of English is essential.
• Membership community engagement experience is preferred.
• Water Sector knowledge/experience.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly organized and methodical.
• Self-starter, multi-tasker, action-oriented, and results-driven.
• Ability to work to deadlines and cope with pressure, multi-task, demonstrate flexibility.
• Flexible team player, with awareness of, and sensitivity to the multi-cultural environment in which the IWA operates.
• Willingness to undertake some international travel.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to submit their CV in English and a supporting letter of motivation along with the names and contact details of two referees.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail before August 31 to IWA HR & Operations department,
Please send your CV to：Ms. Jing (Crystal) Fan,
P.S IWA will facilitate the application for a work permit and visa.
IWA is an equal opportunity employer.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED