- Employment: Full-time
We are looking for a passionate marketer to join RADII’s Executive Team as Associate Director of Marketing. This person will be the driving force behind RADII’s marketing and branding efforts, with a strong focus on developing and implementing long-term audience and community growth strategies.
The Associate Director of Marketing will also play a key role in Business Development and partnerships.
The candidate is a multi-hyphenate cultural explorer with work experience and an acute cultural understanding of both East and West. You possess a firm understanding of the US-China media space and are passionate about staying up-to-date on relevant news and happenings between the two.
Most importantly, you should have a strong desire to carry out RADII’s mission of creating new bridges of cultural understanding via original, incisive, and youthful reporting on today’s China.
Associate Director of Marketing duties include:
● Oversee and ensure consistent outward-facing RADII brand identity across owned channels, social media, events, event partnerships, editorial partnerships, etc.
● Work with Exec Team and Managing Editor to develop big-picture brand engagement strategies and marketing
● Lead RADII contributor and partner community management, including:
1) Proactively reaching out to potential new contributor organizations or audience groups (China-interest groups, Chinese-American business networks, East Asian Studies University programs, etc.) to promote the RADII brand, discuss partnerships, etc.
2)Management of RADII’s contributor and friends WeChat group
● Design roadmap for all US and China-based events and event partnerships, including
1) Leading production of simple China-based bi-monthly RADII contributor and friends Happy Hour events to grow contributor base and build community
2) Spearhead third-party event partnerships, media partnership opportunities, etc. to grow RADII audience base
3) Generate ideas for US-facing events (e.g., symposiums in partnership with universities, etc.)
● Manage PR engagements and initiatives to promote RADII’s work and the team
● Business development
1) Source and manage partnerships and strategic alignments that drive sponsorship, future monetization opportunities, content collaborations, etc.
2)Lead strategy and execution of future branded or sponsored content opportunities, managing potential and existing client relationships
● Work with design team to manage style-guides for brand identity and external positioning
● Advise editorial team and support Managing Editor in continuing to define RADII’s voice, content strategy, social media and marketing strategy
● 5+ years’ experience in a marketing or advertising agency, communications, media or editorial role
● Mandarin and English language fluency preferred
● Self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized and able to work in a fast-paced,
fluid environment with tight deadlines
● Must be willing to travel as often as bi-monthly
If you’re interested, email your CV and links to your social media accounts and/or personal blog with a few short paragraphs explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position
RADII (rā’dē-ī’) is an independent media platform dedicated to understanding and sharing vibrant stories at the core of the world’s most populous nation.
The China of copycats, corruption, and smog still exists, but it’s changing – fast. A new generation is ready to transform the country. From unwavering environmentalists and ethnic dialect rappers, to visionary entrepreneurs and sage healers, there are people across the country from all walks of life, all poised to make waves. RADII aims to share their stories.
In changing, challenging times, we need mutual understanding between China and the outside world now more than ever. RADII views China honestly, critically, and humanely, from the inside out. Our hope is that the truth becomes obvious: our commonalities are greater than our differences.