- Employment: Full-time
China Marketing Director
(based in Beijing or Shanghai)
EventBank has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and determined China Marketing Director to join our growing marketing team. Working from our local office in Shanghai or Beijing, you’ll collaborate with various teams across the company to prepare and execute on our marketing strategy. Partnering closely with our regional leadership, the position will be helming the multi-year marketing strategy development and scaling the GC operation to grow the business for EventBank solutions such as our Event Management Platform & Chamber & Association Management Platform. In this role you will be working also with sales, product development, product marketing, digital marketing, marketing operations as well as field marketing teams at the global, regional and country levels.
- 8 years+ of marketing work experience in (ideally MNC) B2B technology-related companies, with work spans across new product and campaign/activation development, and brand management
- Demonstrates a high level of maturity – works collaboratively and positively steers team through changes; confronts conflict constructively up-front
- Possess strong team leadership and growth mindset
- Demonstrated experience in China social media
- Proven ability to organize and run successful events
- Excellent content writing skills (in B2B/Software space)
- Full professional proficiency in both Mandarin and English
- Has strong communication and influencing skills – can communicate effectively with both local and other teams, as well as external parties (clients, suppliers, agencies)
- Strong drive-for-result mindset with problem solving skills
- Tech geek and is able to identify emerging marketing/SaaS/event trends and capitalize on them
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Functional brand and promotional marketing expertise: Knowledge of B2B marketing. Progressive experience in lead generation program development/planning and implementation. Communication planning and brand management
- Strong communicator: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to confidently present objectives and desired outcomes to leadership and cross functional teams. Consistently use communications and presentation skills to influence outcomes. Ability to influence others without authority to get things done in a timely fashion
- Chinese Social Media Expert: Ownership of our China social media accounts and responsible for the strategy for how EventBank shows-up across social platforms with consideration for both paid social media and organic distribution
- Tech Geek: Early adopter and technology enthusiast with interest in SaaS platforms, comfortable trying new tools and adapting to process improvements. Experience with HubSpot, Wordpress, Intercom and other marketing automation tools preferred.
- Critical strategic and creative thinking: Ability to think strategically and creatively. Ability to problem-solve and drive towards resolution. Ability to write focused, strategic content, and evaluate creative and marketing programs against set strategy
- Business and financial acumen: Strong analytical and measurement/tracking skills. Conduct analysis and present data and findings clearly, concisely and accurately. Be able to draw meaningful conclusions and indicated actions, and set performance benchmarks
- Project and process management skills: Ability to manage time and budget effectively, including balancing multiple priorities to meet deadlines. Ability to identify or implement systems and process improvements
- Cross-functional collaboration and leadership: Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Experience leading and/or facilitating cross-functional or organizational groups. Ability to build a level of trust and respect amongst peer group, and recognizes the importance of solid relationships
- Agency management: Direct or indirect management of internal and/or external agencies
- Change management: Ability to work in a fast, changing environment
- People Development: Ability to set direction for and foster a dynamic team. Ability to develop team members through constant coaching and feedback
Founded in 2013, EventBank provides cloud solutions that give professional communities the power to streamline event management operations and enrich audience engagement. Our cutting-edge platform has helped hundreds of organizations modernize processes and eliminate engagement challenges. EventBank has offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Philippines and Tysons Corner in Virginia.
Our core products are Event Management Cloud and Membership Management Software. For more information, visit EventBank.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.