- Employment: Full-time
We’re looking for a journalist who is passionate about tech gadgets and hardware and can do fair reviews of different products.
- You are a Chinese citizen.
- You are skilled at communicating across cultures. While your second language abilities may not be 100% fluent, you are still able to effectively communicate with others from different backgrounds.
- You are able to write review articles in English and have at least 1 year of experience making video and text content for a public audience.
- You are passionate about all kinds of gadgets and hardware. You understand what makes certain gadgets stand out from others.
- You have good presentation skills and are comfortable in front of the camera.
- You have video shooting and editing skills and can do independent review projects including taking pictures, writing articles, shooting and editing videos.
- The bulk of our team is based in Shanghai, but candidates from Beijing and Shenzhen are also welcome to apply.
What you’ll do
We are a small but growing team so you’ll likely get involved in a little bit of everything, but here are some of the main things you’ll be doing:
- Find gadgets and hardware that would be interesting to our readers and viewers from established manufacturers and up-and-comers alike.
- Work closely with the visual team on multimedia product review projects.
- Proactively work with editors to shoot and source photos for upcoming print stories.
- Publish videos to social media and use best practices to track analytics and boost our YouTube subscriber count.
What you’ll get
- Opportunities to meet and make connections with the people changing our world.
- A friendly and fun-loving team.
- In-depth knowledge and a thorough understanding of the tech industry in China.
- A professional team focused on producing great content. Work with stars and heavyweights who are doing their best work in their careers, and get the necessary expertise to be good at what you do.