2 may 2020
- Employment: Full-time
About the Role:
The NetCircle, as a company that specializes in making social networking websites and mobile apps, is seeking for a Data Engineer to join our Service Team. The position requires an inquisitive person that can find solutions to complex data engineering problems, with an open mind and the ability to learn quickly.
Service Team engineers play a direct role in the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple teams to implement fresh ideas that allow our communities to grow. The team is working on discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data to make intelligent business decisions and to deliver better products.
What you’ll do:
• Collaborate with data infrastructure, engineering and product teams to deliver reliable data used to make data-driven decisions;
• Proactively seek for clarification of requirements and direction, and take responsibility when needed;
• Architect and build core datasets;
• Implement efficient ETL processes that process, store, and serve terabytes of data;
• Propose changes to the logging structures or supporting new kinds of data analysis;
• Translate business requirements into projects and prioritize based on impact;
• Document designs and implementations properly.
We’ll offer You a work environment with:
• Flexibility to work with Data Analyst to design and create dashboards;
• Opportunity to pair-work with Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineers to build advanced statistical and machine learning models to solve problems like customer lifetime value prediction, pricing optimization, marketing attribution, recommendation algorithms, user behavior forecasting, user experience personalization, etc;
• Help define key metrics to guide business decision making such as engagement, retention, and lifetime value tracking across various aspects of our sites.
At a Minimum, we’d like you to have:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
• 2+ years of working experience;
• A strong understanding of algorithms, web services, and data management;
• Advanced SQL skills with the ability to write complex and performant queries and data pipelines;
• Proficiency in data warehouse modeling techniques, dealing with imperfections in data, visualizing and communicating data;
• Proficiency in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows;
• Proficiency in Java or Scala with the willingness to learn the other;
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, MPP warehouse solutions, etc;
• Experience with workflow management frameworks, such as Airflow or Luigi;
• Independence, self-direction and an amazing ability to get stuff done.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Excellent English communication, interpersonal and cross-functional skills;
• Experience working with session, clickstream and AB testing data;
• Experience supporting analytics teams studying user behavior and product metrics;
• Experience with visualization tools such as Superset.
What are we offering?
• 16 paid holidays with annual increments of 2 days (maximum 24 paid holidays);
• Extra paid day off on Christmas;
• Flexible work shifts;
• Catered food and drinks;
• Nice place to work;
• Entertainment facilities such as pool table and darts;
• Annual team and company trip;
• OOODays (out of office days);
• Massage sessions;
• Language classes;
• A mini-library of programming books;
• Annual health check;
• Gym reimbursement;
• Social welfare and additional medical insurance.