- Employment: Full-time
* Edugo is looking for an enthusiastic backend developer to join a small, fast-growing, international startup in Shanghai. The candidate will work as a core developer and his/her work will have life-changing impact to thousands of language learners around the world.
* work with international team from Italy, China, Germany, Moldovia and Korea.
*be part of the Wework Labs global network and access to community and perks.
*office has free beer, coffee and tea.
*lunch is included.
* Participate in product discussions by giving input on the technical aspects.
* Architect and design complex backends spawning dozens of microservices and hundreds of APIs.
* Manage trade-offs between iterating quickly and maintaining a scalable codebase.
* Research and select new frameworks, tools, external APIs to deliver new features and improving existing ones.
* Code, code, code.
* 3+ years of professional experience in backend development
* Proficient in at least one backend language such as node.js, python, java, go, ruby, PHP
* Proficient with relational databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and at least one ORM.
* Proficient with Git
* Proficient with Docker
* Experience in using a cloud provider such as Alibaba Cloud, AWS, etc...
* Experience in using a messaging queue or messaging broker such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc...
Plus to have
* Experience in contributing to open source projects
* Experience in designing and implementing a microservices architecture
* Experience working with TDD/BDD, CI/CD
* Experience in writing API documentation using tools such as Swagger
* Experience with NLP and deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
* Experience with frontend, or mobile development