- Employment: Internship
We are a global supplier of pharmaceuticals, OTCs, supplements, veterinary products and medical devices. We distribute more than 4000 branded products in more than 65 countries across 5 continents. Our products are GMP, CE, ISO and USFDA approved. Our biggest competitive advantage lies in the absolute transparency with our business partners and the ability to provide the highest quality at a low cost.
Our IT Department is currently seeking a Software Developer Intern to join our young, dynamic international team based in Putuo, Shanghai (near Jing’an border). We will provide training and the internship is paid.
The Role and Responsibilities
Your main focus will be building, maintaining and improving current IT processes and systems. This role will require good troubleshooting skills, keen interest in learning how to make IT facilitate better efficiency, and being part of a young, dynamic company with great growth potential.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
• Support the team in ERP and website development
• Install and configure software and hardware, manage network servers and technology tools, set up accounts and workstations
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
• Other IT or non-IT related tasks for Marketing Dept. (depending on the interests and capabilities of the person)
The Experience, Knowledge & Skills to Know or be Trained
• Software, Computer Science / Computer Engineering or similar degree focus
• Website administration: WordPress
• Experience with databases: MySQL and PostgreSQL
• Operating Systems: LINUX and Windows skills
• Goal-oriented and self-motivated, ability to recognize weaknesses in current systems and processes
• Experience or interest in IT-related/technical aspects of Marketing a plus
• Basic spoken English
• Familiarity with Odoo or another ERP.
• Knowledge of software development process, especially SDLC
• Versioning control in GIT
• Web server models Apache, NGINX
• Fast and self-learner
We understand that some of the skills described above might require some time to learn. But in order to be successful in this role, you will need to quickly understand current systems, troubleshoot and resolve incidents and be able to clearly and confidently explain issues and shortfalls to non-technical people.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org