- Employment: Full-time
Our IT Department is currently seeking an IT Systems Specialist to join our young, dynamic international team based in Putuo, Shanghai (near Jing An border).
The Department Structure
IT Department is organized in 3 main areas:
1. Business Applications
3. IT Operations
The Role and Responsibilities
Your main focus will be building, maintaining, and improving current IT processes and systems. This role will require good troubleshooting skills, an interest in learning how to make IT facilitate better efficiency, and an interest in being part of a young, dynamic company with great possibility for growth.
Each area mentioned previously will demand different roles and responsibilities.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
• Install and configure software and hardware, manage network servers and technology tools, set up accounts and workstations
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Strong website development skills
• Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
• Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
• Other IT or non-IT related tasks for Marketing Dept. (depending on the interests and capabilities of the person)
The Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator
• Operating Systems required for Sys Administration: LINUX and Windows skills
• Cloud computing knowledge in AWS and Google Cloud
• Versioning control in GIT preferable
• Web server models Apache, NGINX
• Experience with databases MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
• Website administration: WordPress, basic project management, SEO
• Language: English
• Goal-oriented and self-motivated, ability to recognize weaknesses in current systems and processes.
• Experience or interest in IT-related/technical aspects of Marketing a plus.
We understand that some of the skills described above might require some time to learn. But in order to be successful in this role, you will need to quickly understand current systems, troubleshoot and resolve incidents, and be able to clearly and confidently explain issues and shortfalls to non-technical people. As you will be working with minimal supervision and guidance, the ability to take initiative where required to find IT solutions is required.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please only send your CV if you are currently living in China (preferably Shanghai, China).