- Employment: Internship
Haitao Capital is the first China-macro driven early stage founder focused venture fund. A team of founders, thinkers, dreamers and doers. We’re pragmatic, contrarian and we’re guided by our thesis #CHINAMATTERS
We focus on the 4 C’s – areas we believe “a changing China will change the world”
+ Care // + Culture // + Creation // + Consumption
We invest in promising companies operating across healthcare & wellness; adtech & new retail; travel, entertainment & education; and disruptive technologies in fintech, transport, Agritech and food safety and more.
We put our time and money behind teams that challenge conventions, and teams that share our belief that #ChinaMatters.
Additionally Haitao Capital has recently launched a blockchain practice & fund. Our portfolio includes companies like Vechain, Aggregion, CPChain, NewChip, Tatao, Hedera Hashgraph, Ripple and more.
• Analyst Intern
Description of Role
• Supporting our investment progress to/from & for China including: financial market research, startup market research, due diligence and analysis.
• You will attend meetings and be counted on to provide insights and feedback.
• The role is set up for a 3 months internship, but with potential extension for exceptional performance.
• A track record that demonstrates persistence, resourcefulness and leadership in previous endeavors
• Plugged into and knowledgeable about the Asia/China startup ecosystem
• Strong communication and relationship-building skills
• Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
• Proven ability to self-motivate, hardworking and enthusiastic
• Demonstrates passion for technology and innovation
• Following and enjoying a “contrarian” mindset
• Mandatory English & Chinese required
• Location: Shanghai
• Hours per week: 25-40h
• Start Date: January 2019
• Minimum duration: 3 months
• Application procedures:
Send your Resume/CV
Subject: Analyst Intern
• Instead of a cover letter, please answer the following questions in short paragraphs:
1. What is one startup that most people think is a great business but you’re skeptical about? Why?
2. What important truth do very few people agree with you on?
3. Without social media, my life would be......., because........
We will be evaluating applications as they are submitted. Please submit only your resume and the concise answers to the above questions.