9 march 2020
- Employment: Full-time
Chinaccelerator is the first and longest running startup accelerator program in Asia.
The accelerator is part of SOSV a global VC with US$650 Million under management with offices in Asia, US and Europe.
We run a 3+3 months program based in Shanghai that helps startups from around the world enter China and Chinese startups tap into international resources. For more information: www.chinaccelerator.com
Description of Role
As a Chinaccelerator community manager you will be the “people person” to create more andbetter engagement within the Chinaccelerator community of startups, the “Extended community” (Including portfolio startups and mentors) and with the startup ecosystem in China and around the world.
Additionally, the community manager will take care of the organization of major events like Demo Day and Geeks On A Train and coordinate the participation of Chinaccelerator startups in conferences.
Location: F1, Building 3, No. 28, East YuYuan Road, JingAn District, Shanghai
Report to: Program Director
• Understand our community fully on a business and personal level, making introductions and connections throughout the community.
• Develop new partnerships that could be beneficial to Chinaccelerator, the alumni network and future companies.
• Represent Chinacceleator in events to create more awareness of our brand in the local entrepreneur community.
• Coordinate the participation of Chinaccelerator in partner events and conferences supporting them as necessary depending on the level of involvement.
• Scheduling and logistic organization of internal events:
• Geeks on A Train (7days roadtrip around China)
• Chinaccelerator 8X8 Beijing and Shanghai, and
• Chinaccelerator demo day
• Support program management as necessary.
• Passionate about entrepreneurial communities and people oriented. Very good networker.
• Entrepreneurial spirit: Problem solver, strong ownership of responsibilities and initiative.
• Detailed oriented, a fast learner, and results-driven.
• Startup Culture: Always push to faster and better, never settle, and not afraid to fail.
• Ultimate team player, always look out for each other and drive for success together.
• The following experiences preferred but not required: Event organization, People management, Business operation, customer service, project management and sales/negotiation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
• 1-3 years of working experience preferred