- Employment: Full-time
Startupbootcamp is a world class accelerator operating 22 programs in 17 cities around the world. We were voted as Europe’s best accelerator and ranks among the top 5 accelerators globally in terms of number of early stage startup investments made on an annual basis.
Startupbootcamp entered China in 2017 and is headquartered in Chengdu. We are hiring entrepreneurial, visionary and high-performing individuals to lead our accelerator programs that will soon be launched in Shanghai.
The Program Director will be responsible for the overall execution of the accelerator program with a focus on six key areas:
- Startup scouting/attracting and selection
- Supporting startups during the 3-month program with a dedicated team removing all barriers that inhibit growth in their businesses
- Run and attend relevant startup community events
- Relationships with all stakeholders: startups, corporate partners, investors and mentors
- Reporting to the management of Startupbootcamp China
- Assist Startup with funding and further business growth after the 3-month program
This role is a unique opportunity to work closely with technology entrepreneurs from across the globe, as well as industry players driving transformation and disruption in industries and technology areas such as Healthcare, Cloud Computing, Big Data, AI, IoT and Blockchain.
You will be a strategist, integrator, connector and implementer – with the goal of doing whatever it takes to help launch and execute a world-class accelerator program in Shanghai.
The Program Director will hire and manage a support team of 3-5 people, ensuring proper execution and administration of the program and preparing relevant reporting.
- Fluent English / Mandarin required
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in either startup acceleration, entrepreneurship, consulting and/or venture capital; or
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in healthcare industry; or
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Cloud Computing, Big Data, AI, IoT and Blockchain;
- Experience in corporate partnership management: working with industry partners and corporates
- Very strong business sense, with experience in all strategic, operational, and funding aspects of startup & company development, especially in the growth-stage
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experiences. Being able to inspire and provide actionable advice to startups
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to get things done independently
- Ability to work collaboratively, build trust and facilitate change in organizations
- Commitment and passion for doing and driving social change & entrepreneurship
- Comfortable with highly dynamic and high-uncertainty environments
For an idea on the kind of work our Program Director actually do, check out this interview of Karin who was our Program Director running the IKEA Bootcamp accelerator program. If you have what it takes to take on this role, send us your resume for a chat.