- Employment: Full-time
Base salary of 18,000 RMB / month + team commission.
Ok, now that the salary is out of the way…
We’re looking to add 2 people for a Sales / BD role. We’re technically a startup, but we have a parent company that’s been publicly traded in HK since the early 90’s. In case you’re not used to a startup type of culture: Shit moves fast, mistakes will be made, and you’ll be asked to help out with other stuff asides from sales.
There are two parts to what we do.
1. We modify shipping containers into retail pop-up shops at high traffic locations around China for brands like Nike, Patagonia, or Toys R Us. To find examples, go look up “container pop up shops” on google or pinterest. The goal is to leverage O2O sales for them with minimal offline costs compared to traditional retail.
2. We implement facial recognition and AI tech in our containers to create analytics for these brands. We do focus group studies, user testing, A/B testing and other fun stuff with heat sensors, weight sensors and cameras within each container.
You’ll be asked to work in a team setting and sell our services to brands from all over the world. Online brands, foreign brands, Chinese brands, luxury brands, whatever.
You will also be asked to own either our PR or our Social, and work with our China GM to build those up from scratch. Also some basic admin work.
1. You’re fluent in English.
2. You think what we’re doing is cool, interest and curiosity are mandatory
3. You understand you’re here to learn, help, contribute and receive in that order.
4. You understand that Sales requires rejection, failure, charm and wit. It is a numbers game, and we constantly will have to rework our approach.
5. You understand the difference between process and results. And that process matters more.
6. You’re empathetic, responsible and curious.
We would prefer it if
1. You’re fluent in Chinese as well
2. Have previous BD or Sales experience, ideally cold calling
3. Have an extensive network or contacts with brands who you can reach out to
4. Can watch Game of Thrones or the Bachelor with us next year
In exchange, we give you
1. 18k a month, reviewed after 6 months - no negotiations.
2. A team commission structure
3. You can work from home 1 day a week
4. A nice office by Peoples Square
5. A work Visa (not initially, but maybe like 2-3 months in).
6. Many laughs. Few tears.
1. Do NOT send us your CV, LinkedIn, portfolio or any other attachment
2. Instead, write a small paragraph or record and upload an intro video of you
3. Tell us something you learned about containers since you’ve seen this ad and why it’s interesting
4. Tell us a joke
5. Tell us about your last trip, or your next one. In detail.