- Employment: Full-time
We are a Chinese e-commerce and digital marketing agency located in Amsterdam and Shanghai. Since 2014 we have helped over 30 European brands such as Philips, Suitsupply, Scotch & Soda and ELLE on their way to digital success in China.
We are also a digital marketing and e-commerce agency of a new generation and distinguish ourselves from others because:
▪ We adopt a growth hacking mindset: our philosophy that launching an online store on Tmall, Jingdong or WeChat is the easy part, driving sales is the challenging part. We apply our own framework of smart and effective Chinese digital marketing tools to fuel growth.
▪ We embrace technology: we have developed our own software & analytics tool to identify growth opportunities in the Chinese digital space. With technology we aim to make e-commerce and digital marketing in China more transparent and attainable.
Have you always dreamed of being at the forefront of a start-up development project? At WebshopinChina we make this dream come true! We’re looking for an entrepreneurial backend developer who writes beautiful code. As a backend developer for WebshopinChina you will be part of the team that develops a software tool (Chaoly) that challenges the status quo and will revolutionize the Chinese e-commerce world. We are working with the following toolkits – Luigi Framework - Elastic search - Docker - OpenCV - Tableau (front-end).
• Research, implement and deploy state-of-the-art AI features and best practices on an ongoing basis
• Efficiently debug
• Write scalable, maintainable, and reusable code
• Collect, store and transform raw data into valuable insights
• Provide quality assurance control and cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility on all projects
Who you are
• Studying toward or graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical/IT field
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Can work with API’s
• Geek enthusiast, problem solver and self-directed
• Basic knowledge in HTTP, Elasticsearch, SQL
• Front-end development is a pre, not a must
• Familiarity with Python / Strong Python skills
• Familiarity with Git(Lab)
• Familiarity with Docker / Familiarity with software containerization
• Experience/familiarity with traditional machine learning and deep learning frameworks is a plus
• We are super passionate about tech & e-commerce in China and like to share this passion with you
• We think differently on how to improve the performance of a brand in China and aim to develop a unique framework/IT system
• We embrace all types of new technology, languages, and techniques
• We have a wide variety of clients from all over the world
• Opportunities for long-term/fulltime position
• Office at a great location with a lot of energy – Wework Xinjiang Lu
The application process consists of a telephone interview, case assignment and a face-to-face interview.