- Employment: Full-time
Serica 赛瑞凯 (中国)
杭州赛瑞凯企业服务有限公司 is a joint venture – formed in Hangzhou, March 2021 – between Serica and Chinese conglomerate 汉鼎宇佑集团. Combining our cross-border innovation and transaction expertise with their global infrastructure and investment credentials we are empowering China’s leading innovators to enter new markets and achieve their global potential. With a compelling market position, dynamic business model, and unique competitive advantages we have ambitious plans to rapidly expand our operations into the innovation hubs of Shenzhen and Beijing in the next 18 months. We are beginning an ambitious recruitment drive to bring in ambitious, dynamic, and passionate professionals to join our team and help make our vision a reality.
We are seeking a highly tenacious, entrepreneurial, and results-driven leader with outstanding commercial and leadership experience in the technology, finance, or professional services industry to spearhead Serica 赛瑞凯 (中国) growth and expansion across the Chinese market. Accountable for the overall business performance of the region you will set the strategic direction, manage the day-to-day operations, and oversee all key commercial activities to achieve our ambitious growth and profitability goals. You will need to be an innovative leader with a high growth mindset who relishes the challenges and lucrative returns offered to excel in this high-impact leadership role.
- Develop and execute winning growth strategies to scale Serica 赛瑞凯 (中国) nationwide – overseeing all business development, project management, client relations, recruitment, and marketing activities.
- Lead from the front. Pitch solutions, develop proposals, negotiate contracts, close new business, and manage key accounts for our firm and global client base.
- Recruit, train, and manage a multi-cultural team of experts to produce outstanding work and deliver consistent results month in month out.
- Be the primary point of contact and expertly manage the expectations of VIP clients, partners, and other key stakeholders across the Chinese market.
- Establish and nurture relationships with decision-makers across the Chinese technology and investment landscape to generate commercial opportunities and strategic value for the company.
- Proactively find opportunities and provide recommendations to improve operational efficiency and productivity across the company.
- Communicate the vision and status of the region’s performance to the board and colleagues at all levels of the organization through regular reports and presentations.
- Native Mandarin speaker with intermediate English or higher.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a business or technology-related field.
- 10+ years of commercial experience involving business development, growth strategies, sales and channel management, contract negotiation (experience in M&A is a bonus), and account management in either the technology, finance, or professional services industry.
- 5+ years in a senior leadership role with a track record of owning a business area (or specific initiatives) and managing a team to exceed and deliver transformational change.
- 3+ years of cross-border trade or investment experience with demonstrable experience of understanding and adapting to Western business culture and practices.
- Innovative thinker with a growth mindset, able to formulate intelligent strategies and translate them into commercial success with confidence and creativity.
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal and written – with the ability to explain complex ideas, pitch compelling value propositions, deliver presentations, negotiate contracts, and manage stakeholder expectations effectively.
- Strong bias to action, able to execute multiple plans simultaneously and solve complex problems with speed and precision.
- Proven success creating and leading ambitious initiatives (in a distinct business unit or entrepreneurial environment) that exceeded expectations and delivered tangible results.
- Sector expertise with an active network in either healthcare & life sciences, clean energy, automotive & mobility, software & platforms, digital commerce, or finance.
- (Highly preferred but not essential) Previously worked in the USA or the UK for five years or longer, ideally in the technology, finance, or professional services industry.
- TOTAL PACKAGE: of ¥500,000–1,500,000. Including,
- SALARY: A competitive annual salary of ¥500,000–600,000.
- ANNUAL BONUS: End of year bonus equivalent to approximately 25% of your annual base salary.
- ANNUAL RAISE: Salary increase of 15% per year throughout your Serica career.
- COMMISSION: generous commission of 5-10% on all projects won.
- PROFIT-SHARING: 15% share of each project managed and 5% share of the annual profits of the region.
- PROGRESSION: After 12 months you will qualify for stock options, a board seat, and other partner benefits in Serica 赛瑞凯 (中国).
- IMPACTFUL WORK: Collaborate with pioneering innovators the world over, helping them achieve commercial results and scale their solutions in new markets.
- HYBRID COMPANY CULTURE: Enjoy a modern company culture that combines the best of international and Chinese business practices into something truly unique.
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE: Encouragement and support to have a healthy work-life balance – no 996, no micromanagement, no compulsory social events, no late-night messaging, no pervasive platforms (like DingTalk), and no vacation ‘make up’ days.
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We trust you to know your schedule and work when (and where) you feel the most productive.
- GENEROUS VACATION TIME: 35 days paid holiday per year (including national holidays).
- GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES: Option to relocate to the USA, UK, or Brazil (with full visa sponsorship and relocation package) after 18-24 months.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘China CEO – Serica China‘. Applications are open until the April 24th.
Serica is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Serica is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or marital status.