- Employment: Full-time
Seeking a supply chain manager to oversee and optimize our multiple manufacturing partners in China.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Enforce best practices and increase efficiencies at each of our manufacturers
- Become the bridge between our US-based operations team and our Chinese manufacturers
- Oversee new product development
- Identify and negotiate relationships with new suppliers
- You will be spending 3-5 days each week at the factory facility; our facilities are located in Jiansu and Guangdong provinces
- We will teach you the modern, data-based manufacturing techniques we have developed to produce one-off items at scale
ABOUT THE COMPANY
By way of background, we are in the business of handmade custom stuffed animals. Our flagship Budsies service is where people send us their artwork and we bring it to life as real stuffed animals. Our second largest brand is Petsies, where we create handmade plush lookalikes of people’s pets. We are internationally renowned and have shipped products to 70+ countries. Our brand has been featured on multiple television shows and endorsed by celebrities.
You can visit Budsies.com to see some of our work and Budsies.com/careers to learn more about our culture. We are growing quickly and need better collaboration with our local Chinese suppliers.
We have multiple facilities throughout China producing these stuffed animals and our relationships with our partners go back for many years. Our one-off approach is very unique so we use technology to enable such customization at scale. We provide custom software and custom APPs to each of our manufacturing partners.
- Fully bilingual in English and Mandarin
- Experience with operations management, sourcing, and oversight in a product manufacturing field
- Innovative, problem solving mind
- Confidence and ability to independently make decisions and take action