- Employment: Full-time
Please read carefully; use the URL below to apply.
Looking for a new challenge?
Yodo1 is a global games company on a mission. We partner with developers and studios to develop and localize games as well as optimize in-game purchases and advertisements. Our games reach millions of players worldwide.
We need a Chinese-Speaking Game Designer to help us innovate our game design and ad monetization strategies and bring brand-new casual games to players in the massive Chinese market.
You will have the opportunity to learn and grow by:
- Testing your designs on a wide variety of games;
- Working with 10+ key publishing partners in the Chinese gaming industry;
- Exposure to a lot of great casual games, with rapid iterations and access to massive industrial data.
Successful candidates will advance to a team lead position.
What does success look like?
At Yodo1, our first question is always WDSLL: What Does Success Look Like? For your role, success looks like this:
- Mastering the publishing process for iOS and Android platforms in China;
- Independently redesigning our partner games for a Chinese audience; analyzing performance and proactively refining the game in future iterations;
- Sharing suggestions and making decisions on how to enhance ad monetization in our titles;
- Continuously improving your skills and creating higher-value content;
- Compiling and scaling your best practices on ad monetization so you can efficiently design the best ad plan for any game.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing the game system, in-app ads, and in-app purchases for casual games; writing proposals and turning concepts into reality in collaboration with programmers, artists and other departments;
- Analyzing mainstream products and market trends to learn popular gameplay and understand players’ taste; applying new insights in the design work;
- Conceptualizing game UI and feature design and developing design documents based on the product manager’s requirements.
- Completing numerical and level design for different game types.
- Cooperating with our programmers to develop new features; conducting regular design reviews and quality control throughout the game development process.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years in the game industry, including 3+ years of experience in system design for casual games; please share your success stories!
- Data analysis: ability to use game metrics to increase revenue;
- Team spirit: a collaborative and dependable team player;
- Passion for games: an experienced and insightful gamer who keeps abreast of industry trends and reflects on product refinement;
- Business acumen: using your insight into audience interests and needs to achieve excellent user experience and product value;
- Language: fluent in Chinese and proficient in English.
Qualities that will make you a great fit for our global team:
- Communication: You’ll be working with colleagues and clients in multiple countries and must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and proactively and present your ideas verbally and in writing;
- Scalable thinking: Yodo1 is on the fast-track to expansion; if you think scalably, you’ll advance quickly;
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We love (and support) entrepreneurship among our staff.
We pay based on qualifications, experience, and fit for the role. We’re looking forward to working with some amazing people!
Remote Position, Remote